- Federal Tax Planning and Structuring: Advise clients concerning the federal tax consequences of individual and business transactions, and assist clients in the structuring of their individual and business affairs to maximize tax advantages.
- Tax Classification of Entity: Advise clients on the appropriate tax classification of entity (such as corporation, S corporation, partnership, disregarded entity, QSSS, QSST) to maximize tax advantages.
- Estate Tax: Advise clients concerning federal estate tax structure to maximize tax advantages and draft documents to implement their effective estate tax plan.
- State and Local Tax Planning and Structuring: Advise clients on the state and local tax consequences of individual and business transactions, as well as on the structuring of their individual and business affairs to maximize both Louisiana and multi-state tax advantages.
- Sales and Use Tax: The firm has extensive experience in advising clients on Louisiana and multi-state sales and use tax issues including audit defense and litigation, legislative developments, nexus studies, voluntary disclosures and overall planning and structuring.
- Tax Credits: Advise clients of business and individual federal and state tax incentives and credits, including New Markets Tax Credits, Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credits, Renewable Energy Tax Credits, Film Tax Credits, Digital Media Tax Credits, Enterprise Zone Incentives, Quality Jobs Incentives, Industrial Tax Exemption, Restoration Tax Abatement, Research and Development Tax Credit and Solar Energy Systems Credits.
- Excise Tax: Advise clients on the excise tax implications of certain transactions and represent clients in IRS excise tax controversies including proposed penalties, registration and audit issues.